When you have finished your rough draft, compare the assignment with your finished product and ask:
- Did I answer my essential question or prove my thesis statement?
- Does my finished product meet all the criteria? When I look at the rubric, where does my work fit?
- Am I proud of my work?
- Have I given credit in my citations for any facts or ideas that are not my own?
When the project is complete, ask:
- What new knowledge have I gained?
- What new knowledge have I gained from presentations by my peers?
- Did I follow all the steps along the Research Road?
- Did I gain new information-seeking or technology skills?
- Did I learn about any new print or electronic resources?
- What will I do differently for my next research project?