During a year filled with opportunities for growth, ninth graders:
• Participate in off-campus, overnight leadership retreats at the beginning and end of the school year.
• Participate in advisory groups of 4-7 students. Each ninth grader checks in with his or her advisor daily and meets with his or her advisory group at least twice per week.
• Go on an international service learning trip (in 2016, all ninth graders traveled to the Dominican Republic).
• Serve in leadership/service roles, such as student admission ambassador, Upper School Morning Meeting leader, Primary School lunch helper, kitchen crew foreman, team captain, and leads in school plays.
• Write, practice, and deliver a speech as part of Fay’s public speaking curriculum.
• Develop greater self-confidence and a broader understanding of who they are as learners.
• Grow their catalogue of experiences and expand their comfort zones, becoming more well- rounded and polished candidates for secondary school.
• Become a cohesive class and cultivate lifelong friendships.