Students in grades 7 through 9 are required to bring their own laptops to school for use during the academic day. All laptops must be registered with the Technology Department in order to connect to the campus network and to ensure laptops are correctly configured for classes. Visit the TECH TENT
on Tuesday, September 6, to register your computers and get help with any technology questions!
Fay School fully supports the use of Windows and Apple computers. The recommendated minimum requirements are:
- Computer: Intel Core i5 | 150 GB Hard Drive | 8 GB RAM
- Operating System: Windows 8 or the latest version of OS X
- Warranty: 3-year onsite warranty with accidental coverage or equivalent AppleCare
- Accessories: 1TB External USB storage drive
For Windows laptops, Fay School has partnered with CDW-G and Lenovo to create a customized Premium Program
for Fay families to purchase the recommended laptop package at a discounted price. Other benefits of the Premium Program include:
- Computer support - the Fay School Technology Team internally supports systems similar to the recommended Lenovo T460s and would be able to extend the same support to students who purchase that model;
- Warranty support - where needed, the Fay School Technology Team will work with Lenovo to provide further hardware support under the recommended warranty;
- Data Backup - the recommended 1 TB external hard drive can be used to back up student data during repairs, as needed;
- Lenovo Advantage - Lenovo computers are known for their durability and ability to sustain tough conditions. Thinkpad laptops pass Mil-Spec durability and more.
Fay School hopes to create a similar program for purchasing Apple computers in the near future. For now, students who prefer to use a Mac may purchase one at an Apple store or online
. A MacBook or MacBook laptop with Intel Core i5 processor and above would be sufficient for Fay. The MacBook model with Intel Core m3 or m5 processor would also work; however, the limited number of ports available on that model means that students may need addidiontal adapters in order to connect external devices to the MacBook.