Beginning August 2023Description:
The Early Learning Center at Fay School (ELC)
seeks a dynamic and flexible early childhood educator to engage children ages 2 years 9 months through 5 years in developmentally appropriate lessons and activities in this high-quality program. Teachers’ Aides work closely with Lead Teachers, Assistant Teachers, and the Assistant Director of the Early Learning Center to provide and maintain a nurturing, consistent environment that meets the children’s cognitive, emotional, social, and physical needs.
This position seeks a candidate who can work Mon-Fri from 11AM-2PM.Qualifications:
Candidates should have completed coursework from an accredited higher education program in child development, psychology and/or early childhood education. A minimum of one year of classroom experience in an early childhood setting is required. Candidates should have strong verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working in a shared and cooperative environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the mission, philosophy, and core values of the ELC
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of educational activities and experiences under the guidance of the Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher
- Maintaining strong partnerships with families
- Preparing and maintaining a classroom environment that supports inquiry and discovery
- Assuring a safe and secure classroom environment
- Engaging in ongoing professional development through attendance at conferences and participation in early childhood courses
The ELC seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the diversity of our school community. Salary will be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email at email@example.com.